Oxfam is closely watching the outcome of Novartis’ endless and highly
damaging challenge to Section 3(d) of India’s Patent Act. We are profoundly disappointed that Novartis has continued to pursue legal action against the Indian Government. Five years ago, hundreds of thousands of people called upon Novartis to drop its legal challenge against the Indian. Today, over 2 billion people still lack regular access to affordable medicines, and yet Novartis has persisted. Oxfam is seriously concerned that if Novartis succeeds, it will lead to long term and profound changes in India’s patent system that will undermine generic competition and access to affordable,low-cost medicines.
- How Egypt came to treat over 1 million patients with Hepatitis C
- Australian duo find global consumers for Indian generic drugs
- Better life through medicine—let’s leave no one behind
- Pharmaceuticals & Patents, a talk by Justice Prabha Sridevan
- Roche vs Indian Pharma: The battle for a cheaper cancer drug