Oxfam is closely watching the outcome of Novartis’ endless and highly
damaging challenge to Section 3(d) of India’s Patent Act. We are profoundly disappointed that Novartis has continued to pursue legal action against the Indian Government. Five years ago, hundreds of thousands of people called upon Novartis to drop its legal challenge against the Indian. Today, over 2 billion people still lack regular access to affordable medicines, and yet Novartis has persisted. Oxfam is seriously concerned that if Novartis succeeds, it will lead to long term and profound changes in India’s patent system that will undermine generic competition and access to affordable,low-cost medicines.
- Health groups irked by Supreme Court order on vaccine PSUs; mull fresh petition
- The scalpels are out ahead of ‘Special 301’ Report
- How Meaningful Is India’s Improved Ranking On Intellectual Property Index?
- Malaysia drops four spots to 23rd place in global IP protection
- India’s Global Intellectual Property Index Ranking Improves, Climbs to 44 out of 50