Oxfam is closely watching the outcome of Novartis’ endless and highly
damaging challenge to Section 3(d) of India’s Patent Act. We are profoundly disappointed that Novartis has continued to pursue legal action against the Indian Government. Five years ago, hundreds of thousands of people called upon Novartis to drop its legal challenge against the Indian. Today, over 2 billion people still lack regular access to affordable medicines, and yet Novartis has persisted. Oxfam is seriously concerned that if Novartis succeeds, it will lead to long term and profound changes in India’s patent system that will undermine generic competition and access to affordable,low-cost medicines.
- Call for Govt to help our neighbours negotiate for life-saving medicines
- DIABETES ADVOCACY CHARITY CALLS FOR ACCESS TO INSULIN
- India to US: Will not tighten IPR rules beyond TRIPS mandate
- Our view on India and US Joint Statement on the Trade Policy Forum Delhi – October 20, 2016
- RCEP patent clauses lack compassion says Public Health Association