- CALLING ON THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA TO SUPPORT INNOVATION AND ACCESS FOR COVID-19 DIAGNOSTICS, THERAPEUTICS AND VACCINES
- [TWN] Lawsuit reveals intellectual property is holding back production of CEPI and Gates Foundation funded COVID-19 vaccine candidate
- [AstraZeneca] AstraZeneca takes next steps towards broad and equitable access to Oxford University’s COVID-19 vaccine
- [The Guardian] As others pull together on a coronavirus vaccine, why is the UK siding with big pharma?
- [Business Line] RCEP countries woo India back to drawing board with ‘flexible package’
Category Archives: Global Fund/GAVI
The success of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance depends on the vaccine markets providing appropriate, affordable vaccines at sufficient and reliable quantities. Gavi’s current supplier base for new and underutilized vaccines, such as the human papillomavirus (HPV), rotavirus, and the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine is very … Continue reading
Third World Network, November 19, 2015. By KM Gopakumar. Geneva – The World Health Organization has proposed to join the intellectual property enforcement initiative of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund).
Source: PLOS Medicine Summary points: A decade ago, the HIV/AIDS treatment –access crisis helped elevate infectious diseases as a foreign policy issue and mobilized billions in global health aid. A new controversy over patented medicines and their affordability in developing … Continue reading
MSF-Japan :Access to life-saving generic medicines threatened by trans-pacific partnership trade agreement
Japan Must Consider The Impact of Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement on Access To Medicines In Developing Countries The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement has the potential to greatly diminish access to affordable medicines for millions of people in parts of the developing … Continue reading
Click here for part one. The pharmaceutical industry uses dirty tricks to maximise profits at any cost, hurting sick people and taxpayers. Khadija Sharife Last Modified: 03 Jul 2011 09:43 Vaccines are often priced 40 – 100 times more than … Continue reading
Part one of a two-part series by Al Jazeera that examines methods used by multinational drug corporations to control markets – and lives. Khadija Sharife Last Modified: 29 Jun 2011 18:26 Drug corporations such as Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline have stated … Continue reading
HUMANOSPHERE June 13, 2011, By Tom Paulson Vaccines are “miracles,” Bill Gates likes to say, because of their power to prevent death and disease so simply and at such a low cost. Today, at a meeting in London held to … Continue reading