- [Financial Times] Will poor countries get the coronavirus treatments they need?
- Letter from US lawmakers on public funding of Remdesivir to US HHS Secretary Azar
- [Follow the Money] Roche releases recipe, after European Commission considers intervention due to lack of coronavirus tests
- [The Times of India] United we will be saved: Global leadership is needed to push pharma solutions and distribute them at affordable prices
- [South Centre] Rethinking R&D for Pharmaceutical Products After the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 Shock
Category Archives: EU-India FTA
Source: MSF Access Campaign | 11 April 2018 Officials from the European Union (EU) and India are expected to meet in Brussels on April 12th to resume technical talks on the long-stalled EU-India free trade agreement (FTA). A leaked draft … Continue reading
Source: Economic Times | 22 February 2018 New Delhi: NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant today said it is “extremely important” for the India-EU free trade pact to be ratified at the earliest as countries like Bangladesh and Vietnam already enjoy … Continue reading
By A. RANGARAJAN, The Frontline | Edition September 2, 2016 Medecins Sans Frontieres warns that the free or regional trade agreements that are being negotiated, which seek to strengthen current patent regimes, are a potential threat to the developing world’s … Continue reading
Hepatitis C sufferer warns ‘hundreds of thousands will die’ if India changes patent law in trade deal
By South Asia correspondent James Bennett, ABC News | Apr 2, 2016 India, sometimes dubbed “pharmacy to the developing world”, is facing pressure to change strict patent laws as it negotiates a trade deal with Europe. That would make it easier … Continue reading
Resumption of India-EU FTA negotiations Will access to affordable generic medicines come under threat?
To, Ms. Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade, Brussels Re: 13th EU-India summit 30 March 2016 Resumption of India-EU FTA negotiations Will access to affordable generic medicines come under threat?
MSF urges Indian Prime Minister not to cave into pressure from EU to accept trade deal that could harm access to medicines for millions of people Brussels/Geneva/New Delhi, 29 March, 2016 – Ahead of tomorrow’s EU-India Summit in Brussels, the … Continue reading
Source: LiveMint |Mar 02 2016, ECONOMY MARKET-PULSE In order to strengthen technical co-operation on good manufacturing practices, Minister of State for Fertilisers Hansraj Gangaram Ahir has said that India is engaging with European Union’s (EU) to sort out regulatory issues following … Continue reading