- [Financial Times] Will poor countries get the coronavirus treatments they need?
- Letter from US lawmakers on public funding of Remdesivir to US HHS Secretary Azar
- [Follow the Money] Roche releases recipe, after European Commission considers intervention due to lack of coronavirus tests
- [The Times of India] United we will be saved: Global leadership is needed to push pharma solutions and distribute them at affordable prices
- [South Centre] Rethinking R&D for Pharmaceutical Products After the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 Shock
Tag Archives: India
Source: Business Standard India and Japan locked horns over a higher standard in intellectual property rights (IPR), with a special focus on the pharmaceutical sector, at the negotiations for a Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP). Japan, also a key participant in … Continue reading
Source: Financial Express August 28,2014 SUMMARY FTAs are here to stay and cannot be wished away. We need to devise ways to better manage and more effectively utilise them. For quite some time India’s engagement with free trade agreements (FTAs) … Continue reading
Source: Business Line 13 Feb 2014 Indian drugmakers and IT representatives will be in Washington tomorrow, making submissions before the US International Trade Commission to explain India’s trade policies. The hearings are part of the US trade agency’s investigations into … Continue reading
Source: ANI News 13 Feb 2014 New Delhi, Feb.11, (ANI): Commenting on the Global Intellectual Property Centre’s International IP Index 2014 which presents India as the weakest among 25 countries, the Confederation of Indian Industry on Tuesday said the index … Continue reading
Source: Times of India There is growing pressure on the Indian government to incorporate a provision in an investment agreement with the US, which if invoked will have far-reaching implications in that it will allow multinational corporations to bypass the Supreme Court … Continue reading
Source: PMLive Compulsory licensing and other legal concerns for pharma in emerging markets For as long as pharma and biotech companies have contemplated doing business in BRIC, there have been questions about intellectual property (IP) risk.
Source: Economic Times July 16,2013 NEW DELHI: The government may review India’s bilateral trade pacts including free trade agreements (FTAs) amid increasing clamour from the industry against conceding foreign trading partners more access to the country’s market without extracting significant … Continue reading