- Trump’s Executive Order on Drug Prices Might Be More in Favour of Drug Companies
- The Government Created This Zika Vaccine. Why Should Big Pharma Reap the Profits?
- In Thailand, patient activism is crucial to expanding treatment
- The Trump Executive Order on drug prices: not what was promised nor needed, and contrary to US self interest
- June 2017 Alert: Pressure on countries hiked by US on IP
Category Archives: Post-grant opposition
The New York Times, November 27, 2015. J. Kyle Bass made a fortune in the financial crisis when his hedge fund,Hayman Capital Management, bet big against subprime mortgages. Now Mr. Bass is wagering against pharmaceutical companies that he says exploit … Continue reading
Hepatitis C patients in Malaysia urgently need access to affordable Sofosbuvir. Help them by signing this petition to the Health Minister of Malaysia in the run-up to the International Harm Reduction Conference in Kuala Lumpur.
Argentina, December 4 , 2013.- For the first time in Argentina organized communities filed a pre-grant opposition against a patent for a combination of antiretrovirals with priority use in the country. A pricing study conducted by RedLAM “Latin American … Continue reading
Press Release: Trade and Industry’s draft IP policy lays foundation to prevent abusive patents from blocking access to affordable medicines
Health groups call for wide public consultation Johannesburg, 9 September – The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC), Doctors Without Borders (MSF) and SECTION27 welcome the announcement that the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has called for public comment on the … Continue reading
On 10 December, Schering Corporation’s (now Merck) patent on an asthma inhaler has been revoked. In 2004, Schering Corporation filed an application (402/CHENP/2004) in India claiming a product patent on an aerosol suspension formulation containing two active drugs mometasone furoate and formoterol fumarate. These drugs … Continue reading